Aluminum Non-Coated Crate – Great value & best model for the do-it-yourself-er
A lower cost, well built, long lasting solution for the individual who would like to finish their own crate.
(Leave it as is – Paint it – Wrap it – Coat it)
- Crate is made in the USA
- Comfortable housing for large & medium breed dogs for short and long transports
- Lightweight aluminum is easy to handle and lift
- Wash out holes in rear skin
- “Tie Down” holes in the front and back of the crate – very stable
- Wash down drain holes in the front and rear of the inside floor.
- 1” X 1” Hand welded aluminum tubing frame for high impact resistance and structural reliability
- Aluminum sheeting is machine stamped and formed for a precision fit
- Industrial grade stainless steel rivets
- Non-slip rubber feet
- Black powder coated steel, lockable latch
- Well ventilated
- Very low profile hinge, handles and latch
- Can fit up to 4 crates in a standard bed pickup
- Won’t rust, crack due to cold or mold
- Rubber coated handles
Next to steel, Aluminum is the most commonly used and commercially available metal. Its light weight and high strength-to-weight ratio making it a good choice for everything from aircraft to flashlights to jigs to just about anything else you can make out of metal.
Principal Design Features of 5052 Aluminum Alloy
- Magnesium- 2.2%-2.8% by weight
- Chromium – 0.15%-0.35% maximum
- Copper- 0.1% maximum
- Iron – 0.4% maximum
- Manganese – 0.1% maximum
- Silicon – 0.25% maximum
- Zinc – 0.1% maximum
- Others each 0.05% maximum
- Others total 0.15% maximum
- Remainder Aluminum
- The alloy may be forged in the temperature range of 950 F down to 500 F.
- We recycle all unused products.
Hint: Use a metal polish and clean towel to wipe and brighten the aluminum finish.